the common good
Health & Health Care and our Community
When: Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 7pm
Where: 213 South Main Street – West entrance (enter from west parking lot off 3rd Street, between the entrances to Better World Books and to Back Alley Brewery and Art House
What: This panel discussion will explore how community values have shaped health and health care in Goshen, and how our community can continue to support the common good amidst potential health care reform.
- Josi DeHaven MPH, BSN, RN, CCM – Manager, Ambulatory Care Coordination, Goshen Health
- Tammy Friesen QDCS – Executive Director, MDC Goldenrod
- James Nelson Gingerich MD – Physician, Maple City Health Care Center
- Barbara Meyer MD – Physician, Goshen Family Physicians
- Bryan Mierau MA, BSN – Executive Director, Center for Healing & Hope
Clare Krabill – Network Project Manager, Goshen Health
The purpose of health care is to meet the health care needs of individuals and promote the health of the community.
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
“The enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health is one of the fundamental rights of every human being without distinction of race, religion, political belief, economic or social condition.”
– World Health Organization.